Friday, 3 July 2015

Sixth Form Prom

A week ago I had my Sixth Form prom, this isn't such a big deal as the prom at the end of Year 11 (which my sister actually has today!), but as someone who loves to dress up and make an effort I was so excited to get an outfit together to end my years at high school with a bang. 




Dress: Mela Loves London (House of Fraser) / Shoes: New Look / Bows Attached To Shoes: eBay / Hair Clips: H&M / Earrings: Forever 21 /


I wanted to experiment with make-up as I thought the dress called for something dramatic. I looked all over the internet then I came across this tutorial by Queen Tanya Burr herself. This was so perfect for what I had envisioned so I used this but put on my own drug store twist by using this Maybelline Quad for eyeshadow in 'Green Drama' and Soap and Glory's Supercat eyeliner topped off with Benefit's 'Roller Lash' mascara. Apart from that I used a simple make-up routine as I wanted my eyes to be the main focus. (If you would like me to show you my every day make-up routine, leave a comment and I'd be happy to do it).


My boyfriend came round to take some pictures so I thought I would show him off on my blog because doesn't he look incredible? I am a very lucky girl!  





And finally my lovely Mum and sister! Mum provided the cutest little bottle of champagne for me and my boyfriend and her and my sister were very much needed for moral support when I was having a meltdown because my hair or make-up wasn't perfect. I do love them both :) 

Overall it was a great evening and a really good way to celebrate after the end of exams and sixth form! Now for the next chapter of my life... University!

Have you had your school prom yet? Whether you are in Year 11 or Sixth Form let me know in the comments, I would love to know what you wore and how you found it :) 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© What Does Mel Think?. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig