Tuesday, 14 July 2015

My 18th Birthday

So yesterday was my 18th birthday and officially the best day of my life. Last night I promised myself I had to document it somehow so I thought what better way than on my blog? This is a very different post for me but it's always good to try new things!

My family had planned the whole day as a surprise for me, all I knew was that I was busy all day. By the time the day came I was really curious to know what this big surprise was, usually I'm quite good at sniffing out clues but they had covered their tracks so well that I did not have any idea what I may be up to that day. 




First of all I opened my presents! As it was a big birthday Mum let me pick out a handbag and pair of shoes that I wanted to treat me.



Mum had also picked up on other things I had been saving up for such as this gorgeous jumpsuit from Topshop and the kimono from Quiz. 


Also, it wouldn't be an 18th birthday without celebrating the fact I can legally drink, so my parents bought me a beautiful champagne flute and a mini bottle of champagne to drink from it! 
My sister got me a photo frame of us both in which now has pride of place on my windowsill. 

After that we had a breakfast of croissants and tea which was amazing and my family had decorated the table with lots of '18' confetti with two 18 candles which Mum creatively stuck into a potato. (You have to love her) 


Then it was time to get ready and get on the road, Mum and my sister got in the car with me and all I was told was how long it was likely to take to get there. We eventually arrived in the beautiful town of Bury St Edmunds and to be honest at first I didn't know what exactly there was to do in Bury but we arrived at this shopping centre called 'arc' which is a thing of pure dreams. It literally has all of my favourite shops in it!


After a little look round the shops Mum told me it was time for lunch. I have always said to Mum that I would love to have a cocktail on my birthday as I'm not really big on alcohol but cocktails are much more my kind of thing. We walked down the road and arrived at a cocktail bar called 'Ivory', the only cocktail bar my Mum could find anywhere near us.

I had a 'Pretty Lady' cocktail which consisted of Peach Archers, Apple Sourz and Creme de Cassis shaken with Orange juice over ice. As first legal drinks go, this was definitely a winner.

Then we got back to shopping, Mum told me we had to be back at the car to get home in time to meet my Dad for a meal so we headed back. But just before we got to the car park Mum said 'I think we have time for one more treat' then lead my down the road to a Spa where I was booked to have my make-up and nails done!! This was so exciting for me because I've only had my make-up done professionally once before and I felt very glamorous for a meal out in the evening.

We arrived at my favourite restaurant in my town 'Zizzi's' and were walking in to meet my Dad when I noticed my boyfriend sitting there too, when we got to the table literally my whole family had come to surprise me and joined us for the meal. 


For the final surprise of the day, as if my emotions could take any more, the cake was brought out and I might be being bias but it is the most incredible cake I have ever seen! Mum had asked me months ago what my top three books and musicians were and she had used it to put onto the top of the cake. The woman who made it for us had made my Mum a cake for her 50th and it was almost as amazing as this one (but as this was mine it was just that liiittle bit better). 


So that was my wonderful birthday. I realise I have gone through every possible adjective to describe how totally astounded I was by the whole day but it is so hard to put into words what this meant to me. The fact that my family had put months of time and effort into putting this together makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. 

As I sat around the table at Zizzi's I couldn't believe all these people had given up an evening to surprise me and make my birthday even more special, even those members of my family I don't get to see very often. It is safe to say that at the end of the day I felt very overwhelmed from all the attention just for little old me, which is why I need to document how lucky I am. My incredible boyfriend has actually still got a surprise day planned for me next week and made it to my meal even though he really isn't very well which made my day completely perfect. 


This day was the best day of my life and such a good way to start my 'adult' life. Now I have to find a way to show everyone involved just how grateful I am which is near enough impossible! 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Happy late birthday!!! Sounds like you had an incredible time! <3

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! It really was unforgettable :) You have the most beautiful name!

      Delete

© What Does Mel Think?. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig