Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Beauty Review: BaByliss Curling Wand Pro

As a girl who was born with hair that is absolutely dead straight, it has been somewhat of a challenge to find a way of curling my hair to change up my look a bit. I am someone who loves experimenting with new hairstyles, I always have to have something going on for me to feel nice and presentable. I have spent so much money over the years on various curling irons and tried plaiting my hair or wrapping it round a headband while I sleep but nothing worked... until now! Dramatic I know, but a friend told me about this and it was so cheap I had to try it! From Argos it costed me only £19.99! So I got it home and gave it a go.


My hairdresser had told me before that curls hold better either straight after washing and drying your hair or on hair that hadn't been styled already and that is definitely what has worked best for me. To show how it works I did a very simple ponytail which a curled, but when I took it out to go to bed I discovered that this was actually a really good way of curling thick hair without having to section it all off and it achieves a very natural loose curl which is just what I wanted.



As you can see the iron has 4 heat settings which you can use depending on how thick your hair is or how well it holds a curl. I used the 180 setting because my hair is quite weak already because I've had the ends bleached and I find this works well enough that the curls last until the next day.



To actually curl your hair it's as simple as wrapping it around the barrel which is completely safe as they provide a glove to prevent you burning your hand. Then hold for 8-10 seconds and let the hair drop leaving a curl like so. When you finish curling, wait for the curls to cool and then comb through them with your fingers leaving a more natural wave.



It is really as easy as that, my only issue is that the ends don't quite curl but this may be just down to my technique and possibly just something I need to work on, but I find that once the curls drop the ends blend it well enough. Another problem I have had with it is that I had quite a nasty burn on my neck from it, this again may just be down to practice and now I am a lot more careful when using it, but it is something you need to be cautious of before using it. 

I would really recommend this curling iron if nothing else seems to be working, for this price it's worth a try! I would also love to hear any of your hair curling tips and also how to get the curls to stay put as this is something else I need to work on. Let me know in the comments :)
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Curls tend to naturally drop out, sometimes people prefer this to happen, try checking out some youtube tutorials to try and perfect your technique, but the best way is to keep trying in till you find a way that you like it. I love curling wands always give the best curls!

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    'But first.. Let me take a selfie*'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it improves so much with practice. Curling wands are so much easier to use, I have no idea why I've never tried them before!

      Delete

© What Does Mel Think?. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig