Friday, 24 July 2015

10 Years Time


Me about 10 years ago hahahaha
For a lot of people the future is scary, but I love to sit and day dream about where I see myself in 10 years. What started this was my Grandad complaining that so many people go into university and get to the age of 20 without actually having any ambition or goals. It kind of woke me up to the fact that now I'm 'officially' an adult I should be thinking about what I want to do in my adult life. I have always had dreams but I wanted to try and think of something achievable so I can look back at the age of 28 and see how I have done.

  1. To be content with my career which will hopefully involve writing and books, and to feel as if I am progressing through it to reach a stable position where I am comfortable.
  2. To be married or engaged, in my mind mid to late 20s has always been the age that I want to settle down and think about starting a family. Hopefully if number 1 happens I will be financially stable enough to do so!
  3. To have travelled a lot with my boyfriend, I'm thinking weekend getaways to Paris or New York, and a holiday to Australia or New Zealand. 
  4. To have found a house in an area where I am comfortable living, eg. not too far from my parents that I can't see them at least once a week but also the right location for my job.
  5. To maintain the close relationship I have with my family. This won't be hard because I am a huuugely family orientated person but I will put in all the effort to see my lovely family as much as possible.
  6. To be happy. Ultimately this is the biggest goal for me and if none of the above happen but I am still totally content with where I am and where I'm heading I will not have a problem. And probably by then I will have grown an awful lot and made entirely new plans for the next 10 years! 
What are  your goals for the future and do you think we should all know where we are aiming in life? Leave a comment to let me know. 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice goals, something to aim towards and something incredible to look back on! If you come to New Zealand I would high recommend visiting Kuaotunu in the Coromandel in the North Island it has the most beautiful beaches and Rotorua is a great place for tourist attractions.

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be sure to check them out if I ever get the chance to go :)

      Delete

© What Does Mel Think?. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig