Tuesday, 2 June 2015

6 Month Update: New Years Resolutions / Goals 2015

As June is upon us and I am desperate to get back on my blog if only for one evening during the dreaded exam season, I have decided to review the resolutions I made at the beginning of the year in this post. This could end up as a declaration of failure but at least it will be interesting and maybe motivate me to get back on track!

Life:

  • Be more grateful: I think I am on track with this one, the app I was using (Gratitude 365) ran out after a month and I wasn't willing to pay for the full price! I haven't been writing things down as such but most nights before I go to sleep I will think about the things I have instead of the things I am worrying about and this really helps me in terms of relaxing!

  • Pass my driving test: CHECK! This one I can actually say is complete, I passed on the 16th of April!

  • Save money: I have gotten A LOT better at this, I am very disciplined now and put a certain amount away every month and I am so pleased with how it is building up. I can't wait to actually spend some of it whisking my boyfriend away for his birthday! I will always be an advocate of getting a job as soon as you possibly can, it is so rewarding to have money in the bank that you have physically earned to save up for special memories like that. 
Blog:

  • Get organised: Oops. Okay well I was doing so well in January and technically I have been uploading at least one post a month since then (not counting May). I do have a half finished post on Insurgent sitting in my drafts but I'm not sure if that's even relevant any more!! This will certainly be my focus for the rest of the year. I will make up for my lack of commitment over summer!! 

  • Review requests: I have had to be much more vigilant with these as I do not have the time to read pretty much anything out of my own choice. However, I do have about 5 or 6 books lined up that have been sent to me that I can't wait to get round to reading and sharing on here. (Again, in summer!)

  • Goodreads: I have been keeping up to date with this and am actually 25% through my reading challenge! Summer will also knock this into shape, and I have been saving up loads of books on my TBR list so that should give me some lovely blog inspiration. 

So all in all not too bad!! I am actually surprised how much I have actually stuck to these! This blog is definitely getting some love as of after next Thursday (my last exam). I also have a lot of exciting things coming up in my personal life so I feel like I want to share them on here too, or at least the pictures. 

If you are still reading my blog I thank you so much for being patient with me, and if you aren't I will win you back over summer! Let me know how your new years resolutions are going in the comments or if you have any ideas for a blog post you would like to see on here! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© What Does Mel Think?. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig