Friday, 2 January 2015

New Years Resolutions / Goals

I have always been a lover of the cliché: 'new year, new start'. I think if you want to change things in your life then the new year gives you great incentive to do so! In the past I have made very general resolutions such as 'be more positive' but this doesn't give me anything constructive to do in order to achieve it. This is why I have thought long and hard about my resolutions this year and instead made them into attainable goals that I can actually say I have achieved at the end of the year. 

Life: 


  • Be more grateful - I have downloaded the app 'Gratitude365' where you write down things you are grateful for every day, I want to write at least 3, I feel like I get too wound up in  my own issues and forget to notice the amazing things I do have. Hopefully this will help me to stop being so overwhelmed too! 

  • Pass my driving test - This is more of a straightforward goal. My best friend has just passed his driving test which has made me even more impatient to pass my own. Also, at least once every day I think how much easier so many things would be if I could drive! I think I could pass now but it's just a case of perfecting and being sure. 

  • Save money - I have had a job for 6 months now so it's more than time now to get over the excitable rich stage. University is looming ever closer and I need to save a certain amount of my paycheck rather than spending it on books and makeup... 

Blog:

  • Get organised - I really need to plan more, I am loving blogging but I need to also develop some sort of routine. At the moment I upload something every Monday but I'm thinking of maybe doing something more to do with lifestyle or even a bit of beauty then and something to do with books or media on a Wednesday? I will need to think of names and get it straight in my own head first but 2015 will be the year this blog becomes more profesh ;) 

  • Review Requests - I need to man up with these. I absolutely love that authors have approached me to review their books, and I am so grateful. However, I need to limit myself to perhaps one requested review a month, otherwise I am rushing around trying to read them all then there will be three straight weeks of posts I have been asked to write. I never accept anything I'm not genuinely interested in, but I think it's important that I have the space to write my own interests that have come off the top of my head. 

  • Goodreads - Why do I always forget about this incredibly convenient and helpful website? I went to do the book review survey everyone is doing but then I realised my Goodreads account is in a complete state. I need to get this organised and updated whenever I finish a book. 

Sorry for the rambly, rather long, post. If you're anything like me, it's interesting to hear what other people are up to and what's going on in their mind. I think things need to get a bit more personal over here so that's what I'm trying to do! Let me know what your new years resolutions are in the comments and may the new year be happy for you all :) 
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I want to pass my driving test this year too! Good luck, hope you stick to these! Jade xx

    http://f4irestofall.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally just passed my driving test less than a week ago. Barely made it into 2014 but I did it! I'm 21 though so it was a bit more imperative for me, haha. Be a long few years at college without a car. Dark days are behind me at last ;)

    I love your resolutions. I want to work on focusing on things I have to be grateful for as well. Might have to add that into my weekly journaling!

    Best of luck! - Katie @ paperbackplanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good having that independence! Try downloading the app, it's honestly really good and a nice thing to look back on when you're feeling down :) Best of luck to you too with yours!

      Delete
  3. OMG hiiiii it's another Mel >.< Good luck on your driving test! I can't wait to actually start learning later this year.

    Happy New Year! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay for Mels haha, thanks! It's so much fun but takes so long :(
      Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  4. I love this great post! I'm with you i really need to get organised with my blog this year! xx

    KirstyLeighx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's actually getting views now so I need to stop my slacking haha, best of luck! xx

      Delete
  5. This post isn't rambly! It's GREAT! (You shouldn't have to apologise for your own post, btw. XD You're awesome.)
    I love your goals! They sound really good and quite logical too....ooh, what a handy app!! I'm trying to get into journaling. HA. Okay, I'm thinking about it. But that's one of my goals for 2015. And yus. Spending money on adulting stuff is probably wise but booooooks. They're just so so beautiful.

    Good luck with these!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! It's kind of therapeutic to just have a babble...

      Delete

© What Does Mel Think?. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig